1. Google flags up any website displaying a form field with the notice “NOT SECURE” if a website visitor clicks on the notice they will also see a popup telling them more information about why the website is not secure. This will discourage website visitors from filling out a form or checking out on an eCommerce website.
2. Search engine results now take SSL encryption into account as a ranking factor. So not having an SSL certificate on your website will limit your search engine page results.
3. Information sent over a nonsecure connection can be snooped on and recorded by hackers… not good for website visitors!
4. Adding an SSL is a huge factor in increasing conversions for online sales and transactions. In fact, according to a GlobalSign report, 84% would abandon a purchase if they knew the data was going to be sent over an insecure connection.
5. Getting your website Secured by SSL is not as painful as some website owners think. There are a few technical factors to take into consideration like the level of certificate validation and URL redirects from http to https but Visual Digital can manage all of that.